Maidstone Grammar School tribute to Harry Skilton and Beth Eves who died
Monday 20th May 2019
MAIDSTONE Grammar School and Invicta Grammar School have paid tribute to former pupils, who died at the weekend in a car accident on Romney Marsh.
Ex-MGS pupil Harry Skilton and former IGS pupil Beth Eves, both 21 and from Barming, lost their lives when the car in which they were travelling left the road and plunged through a barbed wire fence into water channel called the Dengemarsh Sewer in early hours of Saturday morning.
MGS said: "The school community at MGS is, of course, terribly sorry to hear of the tragic death of both Harry and Beth over the weekend and we send our sincere condolences to their families and friends."
Harry was studying landscape and design at Hadlow College after spending time working in his parents' distribution business.
Invicta Grammar School head teacher Julie Derrick said: "We are deeply saddened to hear the tragic news regarding the deaths of Beth Eves and Harry Skilton. Beth was a lovely, hard-working and popular student. Our thoughts are with their friends and family at this incredibly difficult time.”
Beth was a design apprentice at Google and the firm's UK MD Ronan Harris said: "I was deeply saddened to hear about this tragic accident. Our hearts and thoughts are with the friends and family of Beth Eves and Harry Skilton.
"Beth was a highly regarded Google colleague and will be sorely missed."
Harry attended MGS until year 11 before going to St Simon Stock for the sixth form.
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight