Maidstone bridges: lane closures lifted this morning
Wednesday 5th October 2016
The peak time lane closures around the Maidstone bridges have now been lifted.
The closures came into force on Monday morning and have caused some delays, particularly to rush hour movements yesterday.
But Kent Highways tweeted this morning: "The @MaidstoneBridge peak time lane closures have now been lifted."
The work - which is currently in its third phase - will create new lanes designed to enable drivers using the A229 to Blue Bell Hill and Chatham to avoid the bridge system.
- LATEST: Confusing parking and fines 'driving trade away' from village
- HOUSING CRISIS: Indy councillors call for Local Plan review extension
- URGENT APPEAL: Two miniature dachshunds stolen in East Farleigh burglary
- XMAS: Tony Hudgell to sing carols with the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow
- BREAKING: Crash blocks main road in Maidstone - details
- CLOSING: NatWest to shut next year in West Malling
- OPEN: Tesco shop and petrol station is back in business
- GAS WORKS: Temporary lights on main road in Aylesford