Maidstone bus firm Nu-Venture considers ultra-green hydrogen buses
Friday 2nd July 2021
A NEW generation of ultra-green hydrogen-powered single-deck buses are being considered by Maidstone-based transport provider Nu-Venture.
The bus is manufactured in Portugal by Caetano and Nu-Venture bosses are weighing up the price against its longevity.
Some hydrogen-fuelled buses can cost around £400,000.
Nu-Venture, which previously trialled an electric bus in service in 2019, is hoping to get the Caetano bus back for tests on local bus routes.
After a go behind the wheel, Norman Kemp, Director of Nu-Venture, said that adapting the fleet to meet the challenges of climate change had been a priority for the business in recent years.
He added: "We’ve been pleased to work in partnership with Maidstone Borough Council and Kent County Council to ensure that we meet the Euro 5 and Euro 6 low-emission standards with our current diesel bus fleet.
"Now we have to turn our attention away from diesel towards the alternatives and we look forward to more extensive evaluation in the future."
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone