Maidstone bus passengers angry at axed service from Paddock Wood
Friday 21st April 2017
People who use a bus service connecting Maidstone with Paddock Wood are fighting the April 2 changes to Arriva’s timetable.
They are angry that the Number 6 bus will now stop at East Peckham rather than ending in the county town.
More than 50 residents turned up to a meeting in Paddock Wood this week, reports KentLive website.
Janet Fulcher organised it as she was staggered Arriva were taking away a vital service – and only heard about it a week before the April 2 shake-up.
The parish council is now petitioning Arriva to have the service restored.
It comes as there is uproar in Maidstone over changes to the timetable. Yesterday we reported how schoolchildren were at the brunt of problems with pupils waiting an hour after school for their bus home.
Arriva has been approached for a comment.
- A249 SMASH: Woman airlifted to hospital after crash - full details
- M20 SHUTS: Drivers face disruption - traffic spilling into A20
- RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch is back - see how you can take part
- HEALTH REPORT: 'Inadequate' Albion Place Medical Centre in special measures
- Graffiti artists find their work blitzed by high-pressure sprayers in clean-up
- STOLEN: £3,000 electric bicycle pinched outside Maidstone bank
- M20 COLLISION: Dog survives M-way hit with vehicle - details
- M20 DEATH: Man found dead near motorway, say police