Maidstone child sex predator jailed for 10 years
Thursday 11th October 2018
A MAN who sexually abused a child more than seven years ago has been jailed.
Kenneth Lewis (71), was convicted of non-recent child sex offences committed in the Maidstone area between 2005 and 2011.
Mr Lewis, of York Road, Maidstone targeted a young child victim on multiple occasions.
He was arrested by Kent Police officers on May 11 2017 and later charged with causing a child to engage in sexual activity, engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child and sexual touching of a child.
The 71-year-old pleaded not guilty and was convicted after a 5-day trial at Maidstone Crown Court.
Mr Lewis was sentenced on October 11 2018 to 10 years in prison. He will also be subject to a sexual harm prevention order and remain on the sex offenders register for an indefinite period.
Investigating officer, Detective Constable Becky Taft said: “Kenneth Lewis is a sexual predator who targeted and abused a vulnerable child for his own gratification.
“The damage he caused is considerable and the victim will have to live with these memories for the rest of their life.
“I commend the victim for their bravery in coming forwards to help us bring this appalling individual to justice.
“I would advise anyone who has been a victim of any sexual offence, it is never too late to report this to police. We will always treat any information with the upmost confidence and sensitivity.
“We have a team of specialist officers who work relentlessly to ensure that offenders like Lewis do not evade justice, just because a crime may have happened a long time ago.”
- PANTO: Hazlitt steps in to help disappointed Snow White ticket holders
- CLOSED: Three day road closure in Aylesford
- MOST WANTED: Police search for Sara Farmer after serious assault in Maidstone
- Housing association hands out hampers for the lonely
- Hazlitt Theatre to put on extra perfomance after rival panto is cancelled
- Panto at Aylesford Friars folds amid claims of lack of support - local anger
- Burst water pipe in Maidstone causes disruption and delays
- Arrests after Class A drugs seized outside Mote Park in Maidstone