Maidstone legal firm with 125-year history - celebrates its birthday
Wednesday 15th January 2020
MAIDSTONE law firm Brachers is 125 years old.
The company started as a family-run business in Maidstone in 1895 and now employs more than 200 staff, with clients across much of Kent and East Sussex.
The celebrations were attended by deputy vice-president of the Law Society Stephanie Boyce as well as current and former staff.
Joanna Worby started with the company 28 years ago as a trainee solicitor and is now a managing partner. She put the firm’s longevity down to its commitment to its clients and the region.
During the year it will be sponsoring community initiatives including the Elmer Elephant art trail in Maidstone in the summer, and plans to plant 125 trees across Kent.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CORONAVIRUS: Music on the Green 2021 cancelled
- URGENT APPEAL: Man left 'seriously injured' in violent Maidstone attack
- LATEST: Matalan moves to The Mall in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Two students test positive for Coronavirus in Aylesford
- HOUSING: How the Somerfield Hospital site will look - planning application in
- POLICE HUNT: Man wanted after attempted GBH near Blue Bell Hill
- LATEST: Tributes left for Maidstone man who died in crash