Maidstone legal firm with 125-year history - celebrates its birthday
Wednesday 15th January 2020
MAIDSTONE law firm Brachers is 125 years old.
The company started as a family-run business in Maidstone in 1895 and now employs more than 200 staff, with clients across much of Kent and East Sussex.
The celebrations were attended by deputy vice-president of the Law Society Stephanie Boyce as well as current and former staff.
Joanna Worby started with the company 28 years ago as a trainee solicitor and is now a managing partner. She put the firm’s longevity down to its commitment to its clients and the region.
During the year it will be sponsoring community initiatives including the Elmer Elephant art trail in Maidstone in the summer, and plans to plant 125 trees across Kent.
- TRAFFIC: Consultation starts on transport ideas to ease gridlocked Maidstone
- Plan to buy farmland to increase wildlife habitat near Maidstone
- Father reunites with daughter after 56 years through Facebook
- LATEST: Burst water main shuts busy road in Leeds
- MAIDSTONE BLAZE: Fire crews called after burner incident - full details
- FLOODING: Environment Agency issue flood warning across Maidstone
- More mobile homes arrive on farmland off A249 near Maidstone
- Government hands council £375,000 to help Maidstone's homeless