Maidstone man arrested after five arson attacks
Friday 20th April 2018
A MAIDSTONE man has been arrested following a number of suspected arson offences in the town.
Officers received five separate calls of arson incidents in the town on Monday and Tuesday this week.
The first of them was in a stairway in The Mall multi-storey car park, a small fire to which police were alerted at 12.17am on Monday. Over the next hour, further calls were received about fires in rubbish bins in Hayle Road and Armstrong Road.
And in the early hours of Tuesday morning, there were also reports of two parked cars on fire in Campbell Road.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson on Thursday April 19, and was later bailed to return to the police station on May 16.
Investigators are asking anyone with information that may help their enquiries into the fires to call 01622 604100 quoting reference 17-0091.
Alternatively contact the Kent Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111.
- M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
- CRASH: Lenham collision - expect additional delays in area
- Collision on sharp bend near Maidstone
- M20 BLOCKED: Traffic at standstill after man falls from bridge
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights near Maidstone
- Kent Police issue warning after series of day time van thefts near Maidstone
- SCHOOLS PLAN: Thurnham Parish Council rejects M20 J7 scheme as 'ludicrous'
- CLOSED: Two day road closure near Maidstone