Maidstone pair win gold for England at Commonwealth Games
Thursday 5th April 2018
TWO MAIDSTONE gymnasts have secured gold medals at the Commonwealth Games in Australia.
James Hall and Courtney Tulloch (pictured) are part of a five-strong team who have won the men's team event to give England their first gold medal of the games.
The pair train at Pegasus Gym Club in Tovil, and there was delight there this morning.
Debbie Hounsell, who works on reception at the club, said: "It's absolutely fantastic.
"We are delighted for them, they work so hard."
Club chairman and founder Peter Griffin passed away last month, and Debbie added: "He would have been so proud of the boys."
The pair were joined by Max Whitlock, Nile Wilson and Dominick Cunningham to win the medal.
Picture by Helen Cooper
- CLOSURE: Broken down vehicle on M20 near Maidstone
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details