Maidstone 'siege': man in court on sex and drug charges
Wednesday 18th May 2016
A MAIDSTONE man will appear in court today after a police siege in the town in the early hours of yesterday.
Rafel Kafel faces five charges including serious sexual assault, false imprisonment and possession of cannabis following his arrest in Upper Stone Street. The 39-year-old, from Milton Street, will appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DRUGS: Maidstone man and woman charged with crack and heroin supply
- HEATWAVE: Temperatures to hit 34C this afternoon in Maidstone
- LATEST: 495 active Covid-19 cases in Maidstone
- OVERNIGHT: Blue Bell Hill to shut - details
- UPDATE: Bearsted road closure rescheduled - details
- LATEST: Speed limit plan backed near Maidstone
- LEEDS CASTLE: Attraction faces huge losses and job cuts