Maidstone's Moya Sparrowhawk makes welcome return to fund raising
Tuesday 13th August 2019
FRIENDS rallied to help Maidstone widow Moya Sparrowhawk make a welcome return to fund raising.
The Country Fayre was her first event since 2016, following the sudden death of her partner Martyn Sparrowhawk, with a heart condition.
Moya, who says she has found her feet and her motivation to start fund raising again raised £1,200 for her new group The Heavenly Hearts.
Dozens of friends supported Moya - popular for her strawberry teas in support of breast cancer care - as did Maidstone Mayor and her local MP.
This time, she says, she is raising money for the British Heart Foundation – for obvious reasons.
The fayre at Fant Community Hall, which included market stalls selling produce from hand-made baby clothes to quince jelly and flapjacks, will be the first of many, promises Moya.
- BREAKING: Broken down car transporter blocks main road in Maidstone
- GAS LEAK: Long delays on main road for repair works in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Broken down lorry blocks motorway in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Child injured in house blaze near Maidstone
- BREAKING: HGV driver wrecked property and drove off - police called but no show
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week