Maidstone's Moya Sparrowhawk makes welcome return to fund raising
Tuesday 13th August 2019
FRIENDS rallied to help Maidstone widow Moya Sparrowhawk make a welcome return to fund raising.
The Country Fayre was her first event since 2016, following the sudden death of her partner Martyn Sparrowhawk, with a heart condition.
Moya, who says she has found her feet and her motivation to start fund raising again raised £1,200 for her new group The Heavenly Hearts.
Dozens of friends supported Moya - popular for her strawberry teas in support of breast cancer care - as did Maidstone Mayor and her local MP.
This time, she says, she is raising money for the British Heart Foundation – for obvious reasons.
The fayre at Fant Community Hall, which included market stalls selling produce from hand-made baby clothes to quince jelly and flapjacks, will be the first of many, promises Moya.
- M20 CRASH: Lane blocked following collision in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision on main road sparks delays in Maidstone
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on busy road in Maidstone
- Brothers to represent GB in European skating championships
- POLL: Does the borough council keep the roads clean and free of flytipping?
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on main road for over 3 weeks near Maidstone
- WARNING: Major travel delays due to 'signalling problem' in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC: Lane closures in Maidstone town centre - expect more delays