Maidstone's Moya Sparrowhawk makes welcome return to fund raising
Tuesday 13th August 2019
FRIENDS rallied to help Maidstone widow Moya Sparrowhawk make a welcome return to fund raising.
The Country Fayre was her first event since 2016, following the sudden death of her partner Martyn Sparrowhawk, with a heart condition.
Moya, who says she has found her feet and her motivation to start fund raising again raised £1,200 for her new group The Heavenly Hearts.
Dozens of friends supported Moya - popular for her strawberry teas in support of breast cancer care - as did Maidstone Mayor and her local MP.
This time, she says, she is raising money for the British Heart Foundation – for obvious reasons.
The fayre at Fant Community Hall, which included market stalls selling produce from hand-made baby clothes to quince jelly and flapjacks, will be the first of many, promises Moya.
- TRAFFIC CHAOS: Broken down vehicle causes major delays near Maidstone
- ELECTION 2019: Candidates announced for Maidstone constituencies
- TRAFFIC CHAOS: Bearsted Road to reopen next week following gas leak
- Incinerator scheme backed by local councillor
- HEALTH: Homeless drop in clinics extended after Maidstone success
- BUSINESS: Maidstone funeral firm picks up top national award
- LATEST: Archbishop's Palace may continue to be wedding venue
- WARNING: High Street to shut for Christmas light event in Maidstone