Maidstone's Moya Sparrowhawk makes welcome return to fund raising
Tuesday 13th August 2019
FRIENDS rallied to help Maidstone widow Moya Sparrowhawk make a welcome return to fund raising.
The Country Fayre was her first event since 2016, following the sudden death of her partner Martyn Sparrowhawk, with a heart condition.
Moya, who says she has found her feet and her motivation to start fund raising again raised £1,200 for her new group The Heavenly Hearts.
Dozens of friends supported Moya - popular for her strawberry teas in support of breast cancer care - as did Maidstone Mayor and her local MP.
This time, she says, she is raising money for the British Heart Foundation – for obvious reasons.
The fayre at Fant Community Hall, which included market stalls selling produce from hand-made baby clothes to quince jelly and flapjacks, will be the first of many, promises Moya.
- Fly tipper puts drivers' lives at risk
- RURAL CRIME WEEK: Dogs seized following badger cruelty offences in Maidstone
- EMERGENCY WORKS: Collapsed drainage gully blocks main road near Maidstone
- UPDATE: 23 people 'detained' after lorry stopped in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Border control officers stop lorry in Maidstone - updates to follow
- Debt-ridden football ground forced to play tough
- WARNING: Week Street to shut in Maidstone
- RTC: Motorcyclist injured following collision with car in Maidstone