Man charged by officers investigating BMW thefts after helicopter search
Tuesday 13th March 2018
A MAN has been charged with conspiring to steal from motor vehicles after being arrested in Larkfield.
Ernestas Lukosevicius was arrested by police in the early hours of Monday March 12 after a search involving the police helicopter.
Officers were called to Carroll Gardens at 3.54am after a report of two men acting suspiciously near an address.
After the search, the 27-year-old, who is of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle.
Police seized tools and a BMW steering wheel.
He was later charged with conspiring to steal from motor vehicles between Monday November 13 2017 and Monday March 12 2018.
Lukosevicius was remanded in custody to appear by video link before Medway Magistrates on Tuesday March 13.
- BREXIT POLL - should there be a second EU referendum? VOTE!
- M20 disruption in the next few days - full details
- BREXIT POLL: Should we hold a second referendum? Vote now...
- Police looking for man who burgled a Maidstone woman who is in her 90s
- Road closed near Maidstone to fix leaking water main
- Natwest bank online, telephone and mobile customers locked out of their accounts
- Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
- Van driver cut from wreckage of vehicle after crash near Maidstone