Man charged by officers investigating BMW thefts after helicopter search
Tuesday 13th March 2018
A MAN has been charged with conspiring to steal from motor vehicles after being arrested in Larkfield.
Ernestas Lukosevicius was arrested by police in the early hours of Monday March 12 after a search involving the police helicopter.
Officers were called to Carroll Gardens at 3.54am after a report of two men acting suspiciously near an address.
After the search, the 27-year-old, who is of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle.
Police seized tools and a BMW steering wheel.
He was later charged with conspiring to steal from motor vehicles between Monday November 13 2017 and Monday March 12 2018.
Lukosevicius was remanded in custody to appear by video link before Medway Magistrates on Tuesday March 13.
- EXCLUSIVE: Maidstone council's High Court battle over relief road cash goes on
- PANTO: Hazlitt steps in to help disappointed Snow White ticket holders
- CLOSED: Three day road closure in Aylesford
- MOST WANTED: Police search for Sara Farmer after serious assault in Maidstone
- Housing association hands out hampers for the lonely
- Hazlitt Theatre to put on extra perfomance after rival panto is cancelled
- Panto at Aylesford Friars folds amid claims of lack of support - local anger
- Burst water pipe in Maidstone causes disruption and delays