Man charged by officers investigating BMW thefts after helicopter search
Tuesday 13th March 2018
A MAN has been charged with conspiring to steal from motor vehicles after being arrested in Larkfield.
Ernestas Lukosevicius was arrested by police in the early hours of Monday March 12 after a search involving the police helicopter.
Officers were called to Carroll Gardens at 3.54am after a report of two men acting suspiciously near an address.
After the search, the 27-year-old, who is of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle.
Police seized tools and a BMW steering wheel.
He was later charged with conspiring to steal from motor vehicles between Monday November 13 2017 and Monday March 12 2018.
Lukosevicius was remanded in custody to appear by video link before Medway Magistrates on Tuesday March 13.
- 20/03/2018 - Police release CCTV images over Maidstone cannabis factory
- 20/03/2018 - Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
- 20/03/2018 - Water plans for Aylesford Newsprint site on display
- 19/03/2018 - Warnings of delays after M20 accident
- 19/03/2018 - Roadworks cancelled due to cold weather
- 19/03/2018 - Plea for allotment owners to contact police after thefts
- 16/03/2018 - ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man stabbed at house a after four-man break-in
- 16/03/2018 - CLOSURE: Busy Maidstone road to be shut - full details