Man charged with burglary after stealing from 80 year old woman in Maidstone
Thursday 6th December 2018
Detectives investigating a burglary reported at an address in Maidstone have charged a man.
John Gallagher (40,) of Pudding Lane in Maidstone was arrested on Tuesday, December 4 and has now been charged with one count of burglary.
The charge relates to an incident in Fant Lane on September 4 where a man was reported to have called at an address to fix a leak and the occupier, a woman in her 80s, later found a quantity of cash missing.
Following the incident Kent Police released a CCTV image as part of an appeal to identify the suspect.
Gallagher was remanded by Medway Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday December 5 to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be confirmed.
- EXCLUSIVE: Maidstone council's High Court battle over relief road cash goes on
- PANTO: Hazlitt steps in to help disappointed Snow White ticket holders
- CLOSED: Three day road closure in Aylesford
- MOST WANTED: Police search for Sara Farmer after serious assault in Maidstone
- Housing association hands out hampers for the lonely
- Hazlitt Theatre to put on extra perfomance after rival panto is cancelled
- Panto at Aylesford Friars folds amid claims of lack of support - local anger
- Burst water pipe in Maidstone causes disruption and delays