Man charged with burglary after stealing from 80 year old woman in Maidstone
Thursday 6th December 2018
Detectives investigating a burglary reported at an address in Maidstone have charged a man.
John Gallagher (40,) of Pudding Lane in Maidstone was arrested on Tuesday, December 4 and has now been charged with one count of burglary.
The charge relates to an incident in Fant Lane on September 4 where a man was reported to have called at an address to fix a leak and the occupier, a woman in her 80s, later found a quantity of cash missing.
Following the incident Kent Police released a CCTV image as part of an appeal to identify the suspect.
Gallagher was remanded by Medway Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday December 5 to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be confirmed.
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home