Man charged with burglary after stealing from 80 year old woman in Maidstone
Thursday 6th December 2018
Detectives investigating a burglary reported at an address in Maidstone have charged a man.
John Gallagher (40,) of Pudding Lane in Maidstone was arrested on Tuesday, December 4 and has now been charged with one count of burglary.
The charge relates to an incident in Fant Lane on September 4 where a man was reported to have called at an address to fix a leak and the occupier, a woman in her 80s, later found a quantity of cash missing.
Following the incident Kent Police released a CCTV image as part of an appeal to identify the suspect.
Gallagher was remanded by Medway Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday December 5 to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be confirmed.
- GUILTY: Anita French of Coxheath in court for assaulting two police officers
- MOST WANTED: Martin Shingles, 29, wanted in connection to Maidstone robbery
- MOTORWAY DELAYS: Works causing disruption to M20 and M2 - full details
- GUILTY: Jarrad Hargreaves cheats jail for racist and violent attacks
- Police release CCTV image following Maidstone charity box theft
- Maidstone crematorium to live broadcast funerals
- FOG WARNING: Motorists in Maidstone told to take care on roads
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone