Man charged with burglary after stealing from 80 year old woman in Maidstone
Thursday 6th December 2018
Detectives investigating a burglary reported at an address in Maidstone have charged a man.
John Gallagher (40,) of Pudding Lane in Maidstone was arrested on Tuesday, December 4 and has now been charged with one count of burglary.
The charge relates to an incident in Fant Lane on September 4 where a man was reported to have called at an address to fix a leak and the occupier, a woman in her 80s, later found a quantity of cash missing.
Following the incident Kent Police released a CCTV image as part of an appeal to identify the suspect.
Gallagher was remanded by Medway Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday December 5 to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be confirmed.
- CRIME: Teenager held checkout staff at knife-point in Maidstone supermarket
- Pre-school forced to move out of village to Hollingbourne
- BLOCKED: 'Medical emergency' blocks busy lane in Maidstone
- Bearsted FC unveils new look home ground after £60,000 facelift
- Two more arrested in Maidstone as part of police clampdown on knife crime
- CRASH: Main road blocked following collision near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Ann Widdecombe to stand in Euro polls for Brexit Party
- Volunteer officers seize cocaine, cannabis and cash from Maidstone drug dealers