Man dies after falling from the M2 bridge
Wednesday 10th July 2019
A MAN has died after falling from a bridge on the M2.
Kent Police were called to reports of a distressed man at around 3.30pm yesterday standing on the M2 Bridge in Strood.
The M2 was forced to closed westbound between J3 and J2 for over four hours.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "Kent Police was called at 3.36pm on Tuesday, July 9 2019 to reports of concern for a man on a bridge on the M2 between junctions 2 and 3.
"The man fell from the bridge and was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed and his death is not being treated as suspicious."
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze