Man dies after falling from the M2 bridge
Wednesday 10th July 2019
A MAN has died after falling from a bridge on the M2.
Kent Police were called to reports of a distressed man at around 3.30pm yesterday standing on the M2 Bridge in Strood.
The M2 was forced to closed westbound between J3 and J2 for over four hours.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "Kent Police was called at 3.36pm on Tuesday, July 9 2019 to reports of concern for a man on a bridge on the M2 between junctions 2 and 3.
"The man fell from the bridge and was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed and his death is not being treated as suspicious."
- MOTORWAY DELAYS: Highways England announces diversions tonight on M20 and M2
- WARNING: Van man stalker 'followed me into woods' says female dog walker
- Collateral to stop in Kent as part of nation-wide tour
- GALLERY: Pictures from inside Leeds Castle of its enchanting festival of flowers
- ROAD CLOSURE: Sewer works planned for up to 12 days near Maidstone
- POLL: Does Maidstone Borough Council provide good value for money? VOTE NOW
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash causing delays on the A249 near Maidstone
- FIRE: Crews tackle mattress blaze in Maidstone shopping centre