Man in court for murder of Wes Adyinka - remanded in custody
Tuesday 12th February 2019
A MAN aged 39 has been remanded in custody for the killing of Wes Adyinka.
Charged with murder and GBH, Kevin Roach, 39, of Peace Close in South Norwood, London, appeared before Medway magistrates this morning.
He will appear before a judge at Maidstone Corwn Court on February 14.
Mr Roach wore a grey sweat shirt and tracksuit bottoms.
Mr Adyinka, a 37-eyear-old father, died following an incident near his home in Knightrider Street during the early hours of Sunday, February 10 2019.
According to Kent Police, he suffered injuries consistent with a stabbing but the cause of death will not be established until a post-mortem examination on Wednesday 13 February.
A woman in her 30s, Amanda Francis, also suffered suspected stab wounds during the same incident but was not seriously injured and has since been discharged from hospital.
Four other men, a 37-year-old from Croydon, a 27-year-old from Surrey, a 37-year-old from Maidstone and a 17 year old from London have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- Pre-school forced to move out of village to Hollingbourne
- BLOCKED: 'Medical emergency' blocks busy lane in Maidstone
- Bearsted FC unveils new look home ground after £60,000 facelift
- Two more arrested in Maidstone as part of police clampdown on knife crime
- CRASH: Main road blocked following collision near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Ann Widdecombe to stand in Euro polls for Brexit Party
- Volunteer officers seize cocaine, cannabis and cash from Maidstone drug dealers
- TRAFFIC: Lane closure on busy main road causing long delays in Maidstone