Man in court for murder of Wes Adyinka - remanded in custody
Tuesday 12th February 2019
A MAN aged 39 has been remanded in custody for the killing of Wes Adyinka.
Charged with murder and GBH, Kevin Roach, 39, of Peace Close in South Norwood, London, appeared before Medway magistrates this morning.
He will appear before a judge at Maidstone Corwn Court on February 14.
Mr Roach wore a grey sweat shirt and tracksuit bottoms.
Mr Adyinka, a 37-eyear-old father, died following an incident near his home in Knightrider Street during the early hours of Sunday, February 10 2019.
According to Kent Police, he suffered injuries consistent with a stabbing but the cause of death will not be established until a post-mortem examination on Wednesday 13 February.
A woman in her 30s, Amanda Francis, also suffered suspected stab wounds during the same incident but was not seriously injured and has since been discharged from hospital.
Four other men, a 37-year-old from Croydon, a 27-year-old from Surrey, a 37-year-old from Maidstone and a 17 year old from London have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home