Marks and Spencer confirms plan for new store in Maidstone
Wednesday 11th October 2017
M&S has confirmed it plans to open a new store in Maidstone.
The new outlet will be on the Eclipse Retail Park, stepping in to the spot formerly reserved by Waitrose.
Charlotte Hall, store manager at M&S Maidstone, told the Downs Mail, the decision will create a bigger and better offer for fans of the brand in the town. She added: “We’ve been serving customers in Maidstone for over a 100 years and we’re really excited about our plans to open a new store at the Eclipse Retail Park.”
As part of the move, M&S will continue to sell clothing and food from its main high-street store, but proposes closing its smaller store further down Week Street.
She finished: “The whole team will stay with M&S and, should the plans go ahead, the new store will also create new jobs.
“We’ll make sure we keep the community updated as plans progress.”
- 20/03/2018 - Police release CCTV images over Maidstone cannabis factory
- 20/03/2018 - Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
- 20/03/2018 - Water plans for Aylesford Newsprint site on display
- 19/03/2018 - Warnings of delays after M20 accident
- 19/03/2018 - Roadworks cancelled due to cold weather
- 19/03/2018 - Plea for allotment owners to contact police after thefts
- 16/03/2018 - ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man stabbed at house a after four-man break-in
- 16/03/2018 - CLOSURE: Busy Maidstone road to be shut - full details