Medieval festival at castle
Monday 28th July 2014
LEEDS Castle welcomes its most significant collection yet, with a display of armour that belonged to Henry VIII.
Featuring the Tonlet Armour and the Horned Helmet, as well as tools from the Royal Armour Workshops at Greenwich, this exceptional collection will be on show at the castle until September 21.
It will form the centre-piece of a nine-day medieval festival in the castle grounds from August 23-31, featuring historic talks, a longbow tournament and knight school.
A series of evening open air cinema screenings of medieval-inspired films, including Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, will be among the other entertainment.
The event will end with a medieval banquet in the Fairfax Hall on August 29, when guests can dress as lords and ladies, and a jousting tournament over the weekend of August 30 and 31.
For ticket prices and a full itinerary visit www.leeds-castle.com.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone