NEW DEVELOPMENT: Sports club in Aylesford is on the market for £4.5m
Thursday 25th November 2021
K SPORTS Cobdown in Aylesford is on the market for £4.5m with the possibility part of the site will be developed.
The former 28-acre Cobtree Sports and Social Club in Station Road has been refurbished over the past five years by the current owners, Marpaul Ltd.
The leisure facility includes floodlit artificial grass football, rugby and hockey pitches, plus four grass playing areas as well as a gym, squash courts and clubhouse.
In addition to hundreds of weekly users, K Sports is currently the training ground for Dover Athletic FC and Ebbsfleet United FC.
Marpaul managing director, Rod Clark, says he is looking to retire and is looking to find the right buyer through the estate agents Christie & Co.
He said: “It has been extremely satisfying to see Cobdown evolve into the place it is today, with the creation of K Sports and the facilities it now offers.
"With the solid foundations laid, I feel it’s the right time for somebody to take it to the next level as I look to retire. I look forward to finding the right buyer to take the business forward.”
Christie & Co acknowledges that there is the possibility of 'developing certain pockets of the grounds, subject to necessary planning consents being obtained'.
Its website adds: "The business is being sold in its entirety as a going concern and it will be business as usual for staff and customers during the transition to new ownership."
Andrew Moore, director in Christie & Co’s hospitality & leisure team is handling the sale said: “The sale of K Sports is an exciting and rare opportunity to purchase a substantial freehold sporting facility in the heart of Kent, which is not to be missed.
"Offers over £4,500,000 are invited for the freehold and we are taking viewings, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like to see the property.”
- LATEST: Confusing parking and fines 'driving trade away' from village
- HOUSING CRISIS: Indy councillors call for Local Plan review extension
- URGENT APPEAL: Two miniature dachshunds stolen in East Farleigh burglary
- XMAS: Tony Hudgell to sing carols with the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow
- BREAKING: Crash blocks main road in Maidstone - details
- CLOSING: NatWest to shut next year in West Malling
- OPEN: Tesco shop and petrol station is back in business
- GAS WORKS: Temporary lights on main road in Aylesford