New places to visit on the Tour of Kent
Thursday 29th August 2013
New places to visit on the Tour of Kent 2013
THERE will be new places to visit and new sights to see on this year’s classic car Tour of Kent.
The Blackpalfrey Motor Club is revving up for its annual outing, which this year will take place on Sunday October 6, setting off from the Maidstone Mercure Hotel (Great Danes).
From there, the route will take entrants across the Romney Marshes for coffee at the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway at New Romney, where there will be the opportunity to see working steam locomotives, view the museum and model railway.
Then it’s over the border into East Sussex for lunch at Bodiam Castle.
Some 120 miles later, after visiting some of the most picturesque villages in Kent, the convoy will end up back at the Maidstone Mercure for afternoon tea.
The entry fee is £60 for a car and two people and covers lunch and tea plus a comprehensive route book, containing both easy to follow instructions and marked maps, rally plate and finishers award.
This year, the tour is supporting the Demelza Hospice for Children.
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details