New places to visit on the Tour of Kent
Thursday 29th August 2013
New places to visit on the Tour of Kent 2013
THERE will be new places to visit and new sights to see on this year’s classic car Tour of Kent.
The Blackpalfrey Motor Club is revving up for its annual outing, which this year will take place on Sunday October 6, setting off from the Maidstone Mercure Hotel (Great Danes).
From there, the route will take entrants across the Romney Marshes for coffee at the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway at New Romney, where there will be the opportunity to see working steam locomotives, view the museum and model railway.
Then it’s over the border into East Sussex for lunch at Bodiam Castle.
Some 120 miles later, after visiting some of the most picturesque villages in Kent, the convoy will end up back at the Maidstone Mercure for afternoon tea.
The entry fee is £60 for a car and two people and covers lunch and tea plus a comprehensive route book, containing both easy to follow instructions and marked maps, rally plate and finishers award.
This year, the tour is supporting the Demelza Hospice for Children.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population