ON TRIAL: David Brown, 28, 'burnt dead baby's memory box' - full details
Thursday 20th February 2020
A MAN accused of burning a dead baby’s memory box in a fire pit has gone on trial this morning.
David Brown (28) of Owletts Close, Shepway, faces three charges of criminal damage, assault and engaging in controlling and coercive behaviour.
It is alleged on January 2 2019, an argument broke out between Mr Brown and his estranged ex-partner.
Medway Magistrates Court heard a blanket was put over the victim's head and was “grabbed” and “strangled” until she passed out. She suffered a swollen eye and marks to her neck.
It is also alleged that he took her dead child's memory box and burnt it in the garden.
The trial continues.
- CUSTODY: Three men arrested following suspected burglary near Maidstone
- CORONAVIRUS: Maidstone restaurant offers free meals to NHS heroes
- CORONAVIRUS: Helpline launched for Kent businesses
- WARNING: Road to close for five days to install two new gullies
- CORONAVIRUS: How the NHS is reacting across Kent
- 999: Out of control bonfire spreads to hedge, shed and fence near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Service station theft in Maidstone - can you help?
- UPDATE: 111 health hotline number service is now improving