OP STACK UPDATE: Highways England 'in the process' of removing M20 disruption
Thursday 14th March 2019
HIGHWAYS England have announced they are in the process of removing Operation Stack between J8 Maidstone and J9 Ashford.
Highways England tweeted: "Please be aware we are in the process of removing the #OpStack closure between J8 (Maidstone) and J9 (Ashford) in conjunction with our Kent Police colleagues."
Traffic on the M20 coastbound will be held briefly while the traffic management is removed.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "Operation Stack is no longer in place. Junctions 8-9 of the M20 coastbound carriageway have now been reopened.
"There may still be residual delays in the area while the road network returns to normal."
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning