OP STACK UPDATE: Highways England 'in the process' of removing M20 disruption
Thursday 14th March 2019
HIGHWAYS England have announced they are in the process of removing Operation Stack between J8 Maidstone and J9 Ashford.
Highways England tweeted: "Please be aware we are in the process of removing the #OpStack closure between J8 (Maidstone) and J9 (Ashford) in conjunction with our Kent Police colleagues."
Traffic on the M20 coastbound will be held briefly while the traffic management is removed.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "Operation Stack is no longer in place. Junctions 8-9 of the M20 coastbound carriageway have now been reopened.
"There may still be residual delays in the area while the road network returns to normal."
- WARNING: 21 day temporary speed limit near Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights in Maidstone
- LATEST: Jeffery Mills, 54, appears in court accused of Shepway murder
- HGV CRASH: Roundabout collision causing long delays in Maidstone
- CLOSED: Hollingbourne Hill to close for drainage works
- CLOSED: Road closure near Maidstone for carriageway works
- SHEPWAY MURDER: Jeffery Mills, 54, charged - full details
- Maidstone rail users fall victim to disruption on the lines over Easter