Olympic star Courtney Tulloch returns to New Line Learning to help students
Friday 15th December 2017
Olympic athlete Courtney Tulloch has made a much-welcomed return to his former school to help teach the students of today how to improve their gymnastic skills.
Courtney, 22, was a pupil at New Line Learning Academy in Boughton Lane, Maidstone, when he was honing his own skills as a teenager at Pegasus Gym.
It was while he was at NLL that he finished in a qualifying spot for London 2012 but wasn’t allowed to take part because he was only 17 and the qualifying age is 18.
He returned to his old school this term to coach Year 7,8,9, & 10 pupils in different athletic and gymnastic techniques as part of their PE lessons.
Ten students from each year will be chosen by Courtney to train with him at Pegasus Gym, now based in Tovil. It is hoped that the students will go on to further improve their gymnastic abilities under the guidance of Courtney and the team at his club.
Courtney said: “There aren’t any competitions at the end of the year, so I like to use this time to come back to New Line Learning to help improve the kids’ athletic abilities”.
He added: “I wouldn’t teach anywhere else. I went to New Line Learning so I have a special connection here”.
Courtney is powerful gymnast who excels on the rings. He has an impressive competitive record, winning gold in 2015, 2016 and 2017 for the British Championship rings, silver as part of the 2016 European Championships team and silver in the 2017 European Championships rings.
- CLOSURE: Broken down vehicle on M20 near Maidstone
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details