PANTO NEWS: Blazing sunshine for Hazlitt's Beauty & the Beast
Thursday 19th September 2019
THE Hazlitt Theatre officially launched its Christmas family spectacular, Beauty and the Beast, today at Kent Life.
The big star this year is the former X-Factor finalist and reality star Jake Quickenden in A Tale as Old as Time.
He plays Danon, alongside Martha- Frances Henry (Beauty), David Zachary (D’jon), Ian Good (Mademoiselle Marmalade) and Sarah Hopper (Enchantress).
Jake said: "I can't wait for Christmas in Maidstone - it will great to see all the family enjoy the show. There is something beautiful about the sound of children's laughter."
Maidstone lad Will Hodges, 22, plays Danon’s sidekick DC, having graduated from the Hazlitt Youth Theatre set-up.
He tells us: “I got a call from the director Martin Cleverley saying I’d got the part and I jumped at the chance.”
Will joined the Hazlitt Youth Theatre at the age of 12, spending some six years there before moving on to the East 15 Acting School, where he has just graduated after three years.
A Hazlitt spokesman said: "It was such a fantastic setting to host a launch. Kent Life is one of the county's most popular and important attractions. A top venue, the beautiful sunshine and a star-studded cast made it such a wonderful way to launch Beauty and the Beast."
The Hazlitt Theatre, Earl Street, Maidstone ME14 1PP, November 30 until December 31, Call the box office on 01622 758611 or go to www.hazlitttheatre.com for performance time and prices.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population