PAUL HOOKER: A mass of floral tributes to local man who died in crash
Monday 26th October 2020
THIS is the huge spread of floral tributes left at the graveside of Paul Hooker who died in a road accident last month.
Hundreds of bouquets and personalised wreaths were laid during his funeral service in Leeds last Friday.
He was buried in the grounds of St Nicholas Church with hundreds of people forced to stand outside.
The dozens of cars, trucks and vans used to transport the mourners parked on the tiny but busy B2163 causing major headaches for motorists.
Mr Hooker was travelling in a white Mercedes GL350 when it overturned in Pitt Road, between Langley and Kingswood, at around 11.25pm on September 21.
Police were largely absent for the event until locals alerted the force to the chaos.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate