PAUL HOOKER: A mass of floral tributes to local man who died in crash
Monday 26th October 2020
THIS is the huge spread of floral tributes left at the graveside of Paul Hooker who died in a road accident last month.
Hundreds of bouquets and personalised wreaths were laid during his funeral service in Leeds last Friday.
He was buried in the grounds of St Nicholas Church with hundreds of people forced to stand outside.
The dozens of cars, trucks and vans used to transport the mourners parked on the tiny but busy B2163 causing major headaches for motorists.
Mr Hooker was travelling in a white Mercedes GL350 when it overturned in Pitt Road, between Langley and Kingswood, at around 11.25pm on September 21.
Police were largely absent for the event until locals alerted the force to the chaos.
- CCTV APPEAL: Two injured in 'violent disturbance' in Maidstone
- M2 BLOCKED: Serious crash shuts motorway - avoid the area
- TYREPOINT: Charity car display this weekend in Maidstone
- ARRESTED: Man 'damaged windows' at hotel in Larkfield
- 999: Lorry gets 'stuck' after illegally travelling through village
- SPORTS: Maidstone United boss signs 10 new players
- LATEST: Maidstone-born author backs dog charity
- Plan submitted to demolish industrial building to create 18 new homes in Tovil