PEGASUS: Men's Artistic Open
Friday 15th July 2016
PEGAGUS Gymnastics Club held the renowned Men’s Artistic Open, the Gymnova, on the weekend of June 18 and 19.
Men from across the country gathered into the Tovil gym from as far as Manchester and Newcastle to compete, with some of them eager to retain their previously earned titles.
Across the two competitive days members of the Pegasus Squad, including National Squad members and gymnasts that had never competed before, took part in the prestigious gymnastic event.
Within the Under 12, Under 14 and Under 16 categories were Sam Ghinn, Sam Mostowfi, Isaac Frimston, Euan Cox and Oakley Banks who all competed in the Men’s Open. Their pristinely executed routines, new-learnt skills and flare helped them to achieve excellent results.
Oakley Banks took to the floor of the Under 12 category where he utilised his much improved and innovative routines, which saw him finish in 10th place and attain the gold medal for Rings.
With an admirable score of 76.700, Sam Mostowfi took the all-around title, whilst his team mate, Sam Ghinn, came in second place with a score of 75.300. Following in fourth place, Isaac Fimston managed to score a worthy 71.900.
Out of a possible 18 medals available and 6 apparatus titles between them the boys took home five of the apparatus titles and 10 medals in total.
Throughout the Sunday event, the youngest of the Pegasus squad competed within the Gymnova Development Open.
Jayden Bains, Chase Baker and Dexter Pedder all participated and went on to gain outstanding results.
Clean lines and assured performances collectively gained the boys six medals. Jayden Bains finished in 3rd place, Chase Baker in 6th and Dexter Pedder in 13th.
Ricco Regini-Moran, Valo Marritala and Conner Prayesto all competed in the Under 10’s category. Ricco took the title for the age group along with 3 apparatus medals, whilst Valo finished in 10th place and Conner in 29th.
by Isabella Fish
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone