PICTURE: First image of the Grove Green sink hole - road closed
Wednesday 16th May 2018
A SINK hole has opened up in Grove Green.
The appearance of the void has completely shut the quiet residential street of Provender Way.
An operative from South East Water was at the scene this lunchtime.
The hole is about two feet by 18ins in size and a tunnel has appeared stretching towards Grovewood Drive for several yards.
Grovewood Road is the main appraoch to the Tesco at Grove Green.
MORE AS WE GET IT
- M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
- CRASH: Lenham collision - expect additional delays in area
- Collision on sharp bend near Maidstone
- M20 BLOCKED: Traffic at standstill after man falls from bridge
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights near Maidstone
- Kent Police issue warning after series of day time van thefts near Maidstone
- SCHOOLS PLAN: Thurnham Parish Council rejects M20 J7 scheme as 'ludicrous'
- CLOSED: Two day road closure near Maidstone