PICTURE: First image of the Grove Green sink hole - road closed
Wednesday 16th May 2018
A SINK hole has opened up in Grove Green.
The appearance of the void has completely shut the quiet residential street of Provender Way.
An operative from South East Water was at the scene this lunchtime.
The hole is about two feet by 18ins in size and a tunnel has appeared stretching towards Grovewood Drive for several yards.
Grovewood Road is the main appraoch to the Tesco at Grove Green.
MORE AS WE GET IT
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures and disruption in coming days
- Headcorn to get a new nursery at primary school
- Leeds Castle launches 900th anniversary celebrations for 201C
- UPDATE: Kent Highways release update on Barming sinkhole road re-opening
- Government confirms its pledge to bring Thameslink rail service to Maidstone
- Take Me Out are giving away free tickets for eleventh series in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Village reopens after water leak closure
- Stranded couple allowed back home after newborn tragedy