POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
Friday 17th January 2020
KENT Police have issued a witness appeal following the attempted theft of money from a cash machine in Harrietsham overnight.
Kent Police were called at 11.45pm to a disturbance at the Co-op in Southfields Way, where damage was caused to a cash machine.
A statement said: "It is reported a person also broke into the store and tried to access the machine from inside.
"No money was stolen and the suspects are said to have left in a dark coloured Volkswagen Golf, which turned left onto the A20. A cordon remains in place while the investigation is ongoing and assessments are being carried out to check for any structural damage to the building."
Detective Inspector James Derham said: ‘Whilst we are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry, we are also appealing for witnesses who have yet to speak to the police and who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area, or saw a vehicle fitting the description reported.’
Anyone with information, or who has CCTV or dash cam footage that may assist the investigation is asked to call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/9893/20. You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers in Kent anonymously on 0800 555111, or by using the online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- 10 DAYS TO GO
- OTHAM HOUSING: Councillors emphatically throw out scheme for 421 homes tonight
- OTHAM HOUSING: Key decision due tonight - watch online
- WARNING: Bearsted Road to shut for five days
- WEATHER: Sun has got its hat on this week
- OTHAM HOUSING: Conservative Val Springett pulls out of crunch vote on 421 homes
- WARNING: Road to shut next week for one day
- BREAKING: Man's body found near busy road in Maidstone