PRISON REPORT: 'Self-inflicted death' at Maidstone jail
Thursday 30th July 2020
PRISON inspectors found inmates at Maidstone jail not coping well with the restrictions imposed by the coronavirus pandemic.
A report published earlier this month into three scrutiny visits to category C facilities found frustrations over how lockdown designed to prevent the spread of the virus affected criminals.
Inspectors went to Maidstone and two other prisons - in Rugby and Wolverhampton - to assess conditions almost three months into Covid-19.
Their report also highlighted a “self-inflicted death” since restrictions were brought in.
PAGE 24: To read online the full story, click here
- CCTV APPEAL: Two injured in 'violent disturbance' in Maidstone
- M2 BLOCKED: Serious crash shuts motorway - avoid the area
- TYREPOINT: Charity car display this weekend in Maidstone
- ARRESTED: Man 'damaged windows' at hotel in Larkfield
- 999: Lorry gets 'stuck' after illegally travelling through village
- SPORTS: Maidstone United boss signs 10 new players
- LATEST: Maidstone-born author backs dog charity
- Plan submitted to demolish industrial building to create 18 new homes in Tovil