Police shut shopping car park over reports of 'distressed man'
Thursday 10th October 2019
POLICE have sealed off a part of Maidstone town centre this lunchtime after witnesses saw a distressd man, according to reports.
The incident happened around lunchtime today at The Mall in Maidstone, near the bus station.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Kent Police was called at around 1.05pm on Thursday, October 10 regarding reports of concerns for a distressed man in King Street, Maidstone.
"A bus lane was closed while officers spoke to the man and he was later handed into the care of health professionals and taken to hospital."
MORE TO COME - UPDATES FOLLOW
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- LATEST: New date set for World Custard Pie Championships
- EXCLUSIVE: Council's secret plans for £15m taxpayer-funded new HQ
- LATEST: Water use rockets in Kent
- URGENT APPEAL: Buttercups 'must close in six weeks' due to lack of funds
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Lockdown restrictions eased
- PICTURES: Disposable barbecue sparks skip blaze in Aylesford
- WARNING: 21 day closure near Maidstone - full details