Poundland set for massive expansion in The Mall in Maidstone
Friday 12th August 2016
Popular discounter Poundland is set to expand its store in The Mall in Maidstone after a complete refit as a £5m renovation of the centre reaches completion.
The Works, which was devastated by fire at its week Street premises last year, will also be taking residence in the shopping complex.
The new store will be next to H.Samuel jewellers in a unit formerly occupied by Samanthas on the upper level.
Poundland is taking on a unit next door meaning the present tenant, M&J Luggage, will move to a vacant space next to it.
The Mall is undergoing a massive £5m refurbishment programme with new entrances, lighting, toilets and an expansion of Golden Boot into the former Ship Inn on Gabriel's Hill.
Mall spokesman Suzie Brindle said: “We’re thrilled to be welcoming The Works to The Mall, and a brand new store for Poundland too. There’s lots of exciting changes taking place, and we’re sure both new stores will be hugely popular with our shoppers.”
Gareth Holland, retailer assets manager, said: “With the extensive refurbishment of The Mall almost complete, Poundland have exchanged an agreement to upsize and refurbish their existing store to create a unit of almost 10,000sq ft.
"It's opening should be almost simultaneous with the opening of the new 30,000sq ft T J Hughes store. The refurbishment will be fully completed by the end of September when further new lettings will be announced."
- WE'RE BACK AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- WEATHER: Sun has got its hat on this weekend - forecast for next week
- OTHAM HOUSING: Conservative Val Springett pulls out of crunch vote on 421 homes
- WARNING: Road to shut next week for one day
- BREAKING: Man's body found near busy road in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Man found dead in woodland near Maidstone
- CUSTODY: Drive ban ice cream man 'fails roadside drug test'
- RELIEF ROAD: Transport board hears worrying news for Maidstone villages