ROAD CHAOS: M20 shut, snowfalls and flooding bring havoc to drivers
Friday 4th December 2020
A JACK-KNIFED lorry on the M20 this morning is causing major problems for motorists.
Part of the motorway is closed in both directions after the HGV crossed the central reservation just after 5am.
Unexpected overnight snow may have contributed to bad driving conditions.
In Maidstone there were long queues, fallen trees and flooding after 24 hours of heavy rain followed by snowfalls.
The A20 around Bearsted, Leeds, Harrietsham and Lenham was gridlocked coastbound.
Traffic is rejoining the M20 at Ashford and drivers have been warned to expect long delays.
The disruption is expected to last all morning while reapirs are completed to the barrier.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone