ROAD CLOSED: Disruption to Maidstone traffic after burst water main
Wednesday 9th October 2019
ONE of the busiest roads in Maidstone remains shut this morning due to a burst water main.
The Loose Road (A229) was shut yesterday and workers from South East Water are at the scene trying to repair the damage.
Motorists are currently being diverted along the A249 Wat Tyler Way, A20 Ashford Road, Willington Street, A274 Sutton Road and A229 Loose Road.
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details