ROAD CLOSURE: Busy route shut for FIVE DAYS for water works
Thursday 18th February 2021
A ROAD near Maidstone is to shut for FIVE days so that the water board can repair broken pipes.
Kent Highways has confirmed that Forge Lane is to shut from February 25 until March 1.
Work will be carried out by South East Water.
The alternative route for any through traffic is via Upper Street, Horseshoes
Lane, Back Street, Forge Lane and vice versa.
- TRIBUTE: Royal Mail vans drive through Maidstone in tribute to 'Postie Paul'
- LATEST: Traveller site plans 'not handled consistently' in Maidstone
- The Olympic past of club's sauna revealed
- WARNING: Long delays after double incident on M2
- LATEST: Former cancer patient donates £7,000 to Maidstone Hospital
- New Mayor of Maidstone named as Fay Gooch
- Fly-tipping in Maidstone borough rockets by 31% - Government figures
- LATEST: Work starts on new Lidl supermarket in Ditton