ROAD CLOSURE: Chaos in village near Maidstone during works
Tuesday 27th July 2021
MOTORISTS are experiencing chaotic scenes this morning after a road was closed through a busy road through village near Maidstone.
Work, believed to be being carried out by UK Power Networks, in Upper Street, Leeds, has shut the B2163.
Drivers are ignoring 'road closed' signs and attempting to turn in residential Farmer Close, mounting verges, honking horns and swearing at local people.
UK Power Networks said: "We are sorry for any disruption caused by our roadworks in Upper Street, Leeds, Maidstone. Our engineers are installing a new connection to the electricity network for a customer in the area. Work started yesterday (July 26) and is due to be completed by next Friday (Aug 6) and we will finish sooner if at all possible. We are sharing the road closure with another utility to minimise the impact and will review site arrangements to see if any improvements can be made. The work will be completed as quickly as possible."
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone