ROAD CLOSURE: Sewer works planned for up to 12 days near Maidstone
Tuesday 17th September 2019
A PARISH council is warning motorists and residents that part of Gravelly Bottom Road, Kingswood, could be closed for up to 12 days.
Sutton Valence says the popular route is being shut daily from 7am to 6pm between Starlings and Bramley Acres while Southern Water carries survey and repair works on sewers.
An alternative route for through traffic is via Pitt Road, Chartway Street and Duck Pond Lane.
The workforce moved into the area yesterday, and has promised to keep the route open for emergency services and for pedestrians.
The parish council said: “There is a chance that these works may over-run for such reasons as adverse weather conditions or unforeseen engineering difficulties.”
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details