ROAD CLOSURE: Sewer works planned for up to 12 days near Maidstone
Tuesday 17th September 2019
A PARISH council is warning motorists and residents that part of Gravelly Bottom Road, Kingswood, could be closed for up to 12 days.
Sutton Valence says the popular route is being shut daily from 7am to 6pm between Starlings and Bramley Acres while Southern Water carries survey and repair works on sewers.
An alternative route for through traffic is via Pitt Road, Chartway Street and Duck Pond Lane.
The workforce moved into the area yesterday, and has promised to keep the route open for emergency services and for pedestrians.
The parish council said: “There is a chance that these works may over-run for such reasons as adverse weather conditions or unforeseen engineering difficulties.”
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population