ROAD WORKS: Nine major Maidstone schemes announced this year - full details
Friday 14th January 2022
KENT County Council has announced projected start dates for nine significant road schemes making up the Maidstone Integrated Transport Package.
- A249 Bearsted Road widening from Bearsted roundabout to New Cut roundabout – April 2022;
- Coldharbour roundabout enlargement to traditional roundabout with no traffic signals – November 2022;
- Hall Road, Aylesford, co-ordinating with Coldharbour – autumn, 2022;
- Loose Road, Wheatsheaf phase one – February 2022;
- Loose Road, extra right-turn lane in Armstrong Road – August, 2022;
- Loose Road, filter straight in to Sheals Crescent for southbound traffic – August 2022;
- Loose Road, Wheatsheaf phase 2 – April 2023;
- Loose Road, Cripple Street/Boughton Lane – currently paused;
- A20/Willington Street – extended right-turn lane, involving repositioning Mote Park wall – April 2022.
The proposals for the junction of Willington Street and A274 and dual roundabout scheme for the junction of Tonbridge Road and Fountain Lane are currently paused.
- SOUTH EAST WATER: Anger over noisy night work in village near Maidstone
- SOUTHERN WATER: Sewage company 'blames householders' for sewage discharges
- HEATHER HOUSE: Bowls club can no longer play due to community centre closure
- NEW: Knotweed data shows 'map' of infestations in Maidstone
- LATEST: 'Anti-terrorism' gates installed in Maidstone
- COURT: Maidstone man Mark Bond killed deer and caused harm to his dog
- 999 CRASH: Main road blocked in Maidstone - delays
- CUSTODY: Three arrested after stolen car police chase near Maidstone