ROY BLACKMAN MURDER: Trial jury retires for verdict
Monday 26th September 2016
The jury in the Roy Blackman murder trial have retired to consider their verdict.
Mr Blackman, 73, of Biddenden, was killed in march during an attack on his home.
Defendant Mark Love, 38, of Staplehurst, is also alleged to have been part of the gang who are suspected of carrying out the violent burglary a month before at the home of champion clay pigeon marksman George Digweed.
The tria at Maidstone Crown court has lasted three weeks.
Mr Love denied murder and aggravated burglary, claiming in evidence he could not remember what he did on the day of the murder asit was “just an ordinary day”.
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight