Rail stakeholder meeting
Tuesday 1st April 2014
KENT Community Rail Partnership holds its annual stakeholder meeting at County Hall, Maidstone, on April 3.
The meeting, in the Lecture Theatre at Sessions House, gets underway at 5.30pm and is expected to last around two hours.
There will be an update on rail services in the Southeastern region from Peter Stapleton, head of facilities, and Alvin Wedderburn, Southeastern's head of passenger services, followed by a Q&A session. A representative from Network Rail will also address the meeting on the Kent re-signalling project.
Chairman Mike FitzGerald will talk about the future of the partnership and the value of volunteers.
It will be the first meeting of the KCRP under its new leadership. Former Community Rail Project Officer Ian Paterson has taken the opportunity to take early retirement after more than eight years in post with the KCRP.
Mr Paterson, who now lives in Bearsted, was born and brought up in East Farleigh, where he developed a close affinity with the Medway Valley Line. He said: “I have had over 8 years in the job, which I have found very enjoyable. I have met a lot of interesting people and dealt with a lot of interesting and varied projects and queries over that time.”
- M20 CRASH: Lane blocked following collision in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision on main road sparks delays in Maidstone
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on busy road in Maidstone
- Brothers to represent GB in European skating championships
- POLL: Does the borough council keep the roads clean and free of flytipping?
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on main road for over 3 weeks near Maidstone
- WARNING: Major travel delays due to 'signalling problem' in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC: Lane closures in Maidstone town centre - expect more delays