Residents meet to oppose plan for sand quarry in Ryarsh
Wednesday 11th July 2018
RYARSH Protection Group will provide an update on Wednesday (July 18) on its campaign to defeat potential plans for a sand quarry in the village.
The site is proposed by Kent County Council in a review of its minerals extraction plan, which is expected to be discussed in September.
A group spokesman said: “We will update everyone on what we have been working on over the past few months and our plan of action for the future months ahead, and would value residents’ input. The good fight goes on.”
The informal public meeting will be at Ryarsh Village Hall, from 8pm.
- BREXIT POLL - should there be a second EU referendum? VOTE!
- M20 disruption in the next few days - full details
- BREXIT POLL: Should we hold a second referendum? Vote now...
- Police looking for man who burgled a Maidstone woman who is in her 90s
- Road closed near Maidstone to fix leaking water main
- Natwest bank online, telephone and mobile customers locked out of their accounts
- Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
- Van driver cut from wreckage of vehicle after crash near Maidstone