Residents meet to oppose plan for sand quarry in Ryarsh
Wednesday 11th July 2018
RYARSH Protection Group will provide an update on Wednesday (July 18) on its campaign to defeat potential plans for a sand quarry in the village.
The site is proposed by Kent County Council in a review of its minerals extraction plan, which is expected to be discussed in September.
A group spokesman said: “We will update everyone on what we have been working on over the past few months and our plan of action for the future months ahead, and would value residents’ input. The good fight goes on.”
The informal public meeting will be at Ryarsh Village Hall, from 8pm.
- WARNING: 21 day temporary speed limit near Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights in Maidstone
- LATEST: Jeffery Mills, 54, appears in court accused of Shepway murder
- HGV CRASH: Roundabout collision causing long delays in Maidstone
- CLOSED: Hollingbourne Hill to close for drainage works
- CLOSED: Road closure near Maidstone for carriageway works
- SHEPWAY MURDER: Jeffery Mills, 54, charged - full details
- Maidstone rail users fall victim to disruption on the lines over Easter