Robber 'sprayed victim with unknown liquid' following collision near Maidstone
Wednesday 9th October 2019
DETECTIVES are appealing for information and dash cam footage following a reported robbery in Ryarsh.
At around 7pm on Sunday, October 6, a motorist was driving his dark grey Mercedes E350 Coupe along Woodgate Road towards Addington when he was involved in a collision with a grey Skoda estate approaching from the opposite direction.
It is alleged a passenger from the Skoda and an occupant from a white van that had stopped at the rear of the Mercedes, then approached the victim’s vehicle and smashed the front nearside and offside windows.
The victim reported his face was sprayed with an unknown liquid and he got out of his car and ran to a nearby house to seek assistance.
It is understood the Mercedes was then stolen and was found on fire at around 8.30pm in a field near Stansted Hill, Stansted.
Investigating officer, Detective Constable Iain Joyce said: “Enquiries are ongoing into this incident, including forensic checks and a review of any potential CCTV opportunities.
“I would particularly like to hear from anybody with dash cam footage from the area between Ryarsh and Stansted between 6.30pm and 9pm on Sunday 6 October 2019."
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to call us on 01622 604 100, quoting reference 46/192404/19.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111 or using the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details