Robber 'sprayed victim with unknown liquid' following collision near Maidstone
Wednesday 9th October 2019
DETECTIVES are appealing for information and dash cam footage following a reported robbery in Ryarsh.
At around 7pm on Sunday, October 6, a motorist was driving his dark grey Mercedes E350 Coupe along Woodgate Road towards Addington when he was involved in a collision with a grey Skoda estate approaching from the opposite direction.
It is alleged a passenger from the Skoda and an occupant from a white van that had stopped at the rear of the Mercedes, then approached the victim’s vehicle and smashed the front nearside and offside windows.
The victim reported his face was sprayed with an unknown liquid and he got out of his car and ran to a nearby house to seek assistance.
It is understood the Mercedes was then stolen and was found on fire at around 8.30pm in a field near Stansted Hill, Stansted.
Investigating officer, Detective Constable Iain Joyce said: “Enquiries are ongoing into this incident, including forensic checks and a review of any potential CCTV opportunities.
“I would particularly like to hear from anybody with dash cam footage from the area between Ryarsh and Stansted between 6.30pm and 9pm on Sunday 6 October 2019."
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to call us on 01622 604 100, quoting reference 46/192404/19.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111 or using the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- CASHLESS COUNCIL: Maidstone BC has not finalised PayPoint contract - details
- HOUSING: Historic East Farleigh must be kept special - campaigner
- POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures in the week ahead
- LORRY DRAMA: Polish truck narrowly avoids disaster
- STORE ROBBERY: Theives attempt smash and grab at supermarket near Maidstone
- HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
- Loose Road reopens after closure for house fire