Rotary hosts annual Weald walk
Friday 13th June 2014
The Rotary Club of the Weald of Kent will be hosting its annual North Downs Walk on June 22.
The walk starts from Harrietsham village hall between 8am and 11am, and there is a choice of three routes – 3, 6, or 9 miles.
This will be the 29th year of the event, which has so far raised £440,000 for charities. More than 400 walkers are expected to take part, and they can donate 50% of any sponsorship they raise to a charity of their own choice.
The event will be started by the new Mayor of Maidstone, Cllr Richard Thick, who will also be taking part in the walk.
To register, call the North Downs Walk-line on 01622 890650 or go to www.wealdofkentrotary.org.uk, where a sponsorship form can be downloaded. Alternatively, walkers can register at the hall on the day for a minimum donation of £15 per person. There will be a ploughman’s lunch, strawberries and music from a jazz band at the end.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate