Rotary hosts annual Weald walk
Friday 13th June 2014
The Rotary Club of the Weald of Kent will be hosting its annual North Downs Walk on June 22.
The walk starts from Harrietsham village hall between 8am and 11am, and there is a choice of three routes – 3, 6, or 9 miles.
This will be the 29th year of the event, which has so far raised £440,000 for charities. More than 400 walkers are expected to take part, and they can donate 50% of any sponsorship they raise to a charity of their own choice.
The event will be started by the new Mayor of Maidstone, Cllr Richard Thick, who will also be taking part in the walk.
To register, call the North Downs Walk-line on 01622 890650 or go to www.wealdofkentrotary.org.uk, where a sponsorship form can be downloaded. Alternatively, walkers can register at the hall on the day for a minimum donation of £15 per person. There will be a ploughman’s lunch, strawberries and music from a jazz band at the end.
- BIRTHDAY APPEAL: Can you help Ivy Watson mark her 100th birthday?
- 'DRINK DRIVE': Katy Sue Lafferty up in court on Monday on booze charges
- CLOSED: Road to shut for street light works near Maidstone
- VILLAGE CLOSURE: Road to shut with no diversion route
- POLICE FIGURES: More than 10% of Kent's sex offenders live in Maidstone
- Leeds am-dram raises £400 for charities after summer plays
- LATEST: 'Extinct' Maidstone bee found in country parkland
- BREAKING: Multiple traffic lights not working in Maidstone