Roy Blackman's funeral is held in village
Wednesday 18th May 2016
The funeral of a man killed at his home in Biddenden was held today.
Roy Blackman's coffin arrived on the back of a low-loader of a recovery vehicle belonging to his family firm.
Dozens of friends and family filed into St Michael's Church in Smarden this afternoon.
Mr Blackman, a widower, was killed at his bungalow in March, and man from Staplehurst has been charged with his murder.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway