SCHOOLS: Year group sent home after confirmed Covid-19 case in Maidstone
Thursday 12th November 2020
PUPILS at Cornwallis Academy are self-isolating following a confirmed case of coronavirus.
The case has been reported in Year 7 at the Hubbard's Lane school, with the whole year group being asked to isolate until November 22.
Some staff will also have to self-isolate.
A Cornwallis Academy spokesman said: "Future Schools Trust (FST) can confirm that Cornwallis Academy have been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the Year 7 bubble.
"As per advice from Public Health England, we have notified all staff, students and their parents. As part of Test & Trace all students in Year 7 self-isolate until Sunday, November 22 as a precautionary measure; some staff within this bubble have also been requested to self-isolate."
- URGENT APPEAL: Boy, 18, dies in hospital after crash in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Bin collection days to change as routes grow in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Roads to shut in Staplehurst for emergency gas works
- DETAILS: New building to replace much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Council considers new rules to control street busking
- DETAILS: Scout group needs new leaders and helpers
- LATEST: Plan for 60 flats on Somerfield Hospital site agreed
- WARNING: Burst water pipe shuts busy road in Bearsted