SEX ASSAULT: Police hunt taxi driver after 'attack' in Maidstone
Tuesday 27th September 2016
Police investigating a sexual assault in a taxi are hunting the driver.
Detectives have issued a computer generated image of a man they would like to speak to.
The incident is reported to have happened after a woman got into a taxi in the Gabriel’s Hill area of Maidstone, following a night out on August 28.
The victim, aged in her 20s, had been with friends when they all got into the vehicle at around 2am.
After a drop off in the Rochester area the woman was the last passenger in the vehicle.
A statement by Kent Police said: "It is alleged the driver pulled over and told the victim that unless she got into the front to talk he wouldn’t move the vehicle.
"The man eventually started driving after the woman reluctantly agreed to move seats. During the journey he was said to have then grabbed the victim’s hand and also stroked her leg.
"The woman later exited the vehicle after requesting he stop at a bus stop in Star Hill, Rochester.
"Officers are continuing to make a number of enquiries to track down the vehicle, including reviewing CCTV. With the help of the victim they are now able to issue a computer generated mage of a man they believe can assist the investigation.
"The man was described as being average height and of Middle Eastern appearance, with black hair and a black short beard. He was wearing a light coloured jacket or shirt. The make of the vehicle is unclear but it was described as a burgundy colour."
Anyone with information is asked to call the west Kent appeals line on 01622 604100, quoting reference YY/19153/16. Alternatively contact Kent Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight