SHED BREAK-INS: Police tell residents to beware of opportunist thieves
Tuesday 12th January 2021
RESIDENTS are being advised to keep sheds and outbuildings secure after a string of thefts.
Three were targeted between Janaury 7 and 8 in London Road and Barleycorn in Leybourne from which power tools, garden appliances and a bicycle were stolen.
A further shed was broken into at an address in King Street, West Malling, in early new year.
Sgt Sarah Alvey said: "We suspect an opportunist thief is walking around the area on foot during the hours of darkness, looking for items of value in garden sheds and outbuildings.
"I would advise residents to make sure you lock doors and windows and consider fitting a shed alarm or security light. My officers are patrolling these areas at key times and I would urge anyone who sees somebody acting suspiciously to contact us on 101, or 999 if you believe a crime is taking place."
- ROAD CLOSURE: Six day closure for another burst water main
- 999: Police arrest suspected drug dealer in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: MP lashes out at 'smart motorways' after deaths
- FOUND: Police find missing 34-year-old Maidstone man - details
- WARNING: Busy road shuts for EIGHT DAYS for pipe repair works
- URGENT APPEAL: Police search for missing Maidstone man
- WARNING: Power outage affecting homes and traffic lights near Maidstone
- LEEDS DIVERSION: Busy road to shut for pothole blitz