SHOP 'CLOSURES': Staff at Bonmarche and Peacocks face uncertainty
Wednesday 21st October 2020
STAFF at Bonmarche and Peacocks stores in The Mall Maidstone face an uncertain future as its parent company called in the administrators.
The shops, part of the Edinburgh Woollen Mill group of companies, have already started closing down sales.
A letter to staff from EWM management states: "Now this second wave of Covid-19, and all the local lockdowns, have made normal trading impossible."
It announced last week it is to call in the administrators but deals are being sought to save it.
The group also owns the Jaeger, Austin Reed and Ponden Home brands.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate