SHOP 'CLOSURES': Staff at Bonmarche and Peacocks face uncertainty
Wednesday 21st October 2020
STAFF at Bonmarche and Peacocks stores in The Mall Maidstone face an uncertain future as its parent company called in the administrators.
The shops, part of the Edinburgh Woollen Mill group of companies, have already started closing down sales.
A letter to staff from EWM management states: "Now this second wave of Covid-19, and all the local lockdowns, have made normal trading impossible."
It announced last week it is to call in the administrators but deals are being sought to save it.
The group also owns the Jaeger, Austin Reed and Ponden Home brands.
- MURDER: MPs pay tribute to Sir David Amess following stabbing
- COVID: Wedding bookings expected to return to 'normal levels' next month
- WILDLIFE: Daddy long legs in 'harmless' invasion
- MAIDSTONE: Brothers keep sporting ambition in the family
- SURVEY: Speeding is 'routine' in Bearsted
- LATEST: Biffa 'sorry' for noisy pre-dawn collections across Maidstone
- WEST MALLING: Unsafe lime trees to be felled at church
- LATEST: Mosque 'will be place for whole community'