SPORTS: Maidstone United boss signs 10 new players
Friday 23rd July 2021
MAIDSTONE United boss Hakan Hayrettin (pictured left with former manager, John Still) has signed 10 new players ahead of the season when fans are allowed back into the Gallagher Stadium.
He hopes Stones fans will take the new stars to their hearts when play resumes in front of paying supporters for the first time since March 2020.
Numbers will be limited for the National League South’s home game sto begin with.
Former Barnet and Wycombe Wanderers player, Mr Hayrettin, said: “As a player I tried to show the supporters that I cared, that I wanted to be at a certain place. My management is no different to that.
“Win, lose or draw, we’ve got to thank the supporters for being there. We want the interaction with the support, we want to show the supporters as much as they are there for us, we want to be there.
“If the supporters take you to their hearts and you can show the willingness to work hard, with and without the ball, you’re going to be on to a winner. If you show that, especially with the support we’ve got, then we’re going to have some good times here.
“The players I’ve tried to bring in, their personalities and character have to be as important as their ability. Recruitment is key to everything you do and I’ve tried to assemble a squad that’s going to make Maidstone United a happy place to be.”
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone