STONES: Maidstone United extend caretakers' spell in charge
Tuesday 8th January 2019
MAIDSTONE United's directors have extended the tenure of caretaker managers Tristan Lewis and Simon Walton until the end of the month.
Two wins from their first three games in charge saw the pair get the backing of the club’s directors today.
Chief Executive Bill Williams said: “Tristan and Simon have done well since stepping up a fortnight ago and we’ve asked them to continue in that caretaker capacity.
“They have the backing of the Board and I for one hope they will build on these first few games and get us moving up that league table.”
Lewis and Walton took over at the end of December after Harry Wheeler’s three and a half month tenure came to an end.
By the end of January, the directors intend to consider all their options and will make a further announcement.
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone