SURVEY: SHOULD MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL SUSPEND ITS HOUSE-BUILDING PROGRAMME?
Friday 29th November 2019
THE number of votes cast in our poll to gauge public feeling about Maidstone Borough Council's house-building programme is approaching 1,000.
Local people are becoming increasingly worried that the borough's roads and sevices are unable to cope with the demands placed on them with present levels of development, without building any more.
Your vote matters.
Liberal Democrat-controlled MBC has already committed the borough to 17,600 new homes, of which around one-third have been delivered so far.
But as the Local Plan is reviewed, MBC, in its new guise as a "master developer", has indicated the possibility of another 10,500 houses needed to be built, of which 5,000 would be placed at Lenham Heath.
- BLAZE: Person injured in tumble dryer fire in Maidstone
- VOTE NOW: Should Lib Dem council suspend house-building programme?
- SURVEY: Find out how your MP rates in a new study
- LATEST: Busy road to shut for 10 nights in Maidstone
- CHARGED: Two men remain in custody over multiple car key burglaries in Maidstone
- M20: Police stop traffic to conduct migrant search in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Maidstone Crown Court evacuated after fire
- WARNING: Service road to shut in Maidstone