SURVEY: SHOULD MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL SUSPEND ITS HOUSE-BUILDING PROGRAMME?
Friday 29th November 2019
THE number of votes cast in our poll to gauge public feeling about Maidstone Borough Council's house-building programme is approaching 1,000.
Local people are becoming increasingly worried that the borough's roads and sevices are unable to cope with the demands placed on them with present levels of development, without building any more.
Your vote matters.
Liberal Democrat-controlled MBC has already committed the borough to 17,600 new homes, of which around one-third have been delivered so far.
But as the Local Plan is reviewed, MBC, in its new guise as a "master developer", has indicated the possibility of another 10,500 houses needed to be built, of which 5,000 would be placed at Lenham Heath.
- BREAKING: Broken down car transporter blocks main road in Maidstone
- GAS LEAK: Long delays on main road for repair works in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Broken down lorry blocks motorway in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Child injured in house blaze near Maidstone
- BREAKING: HGV driver wrecked property and drove off - police called but no show
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week