Samaritans help out with January blues with Brew Monday
Friday 14th January 2022
MAIDSTONE & Weald Samaritans will be at Maidstone East and Sittingbourne stations for a cup of tea and a catch up with someone they care about for "Brew Monday" on January 17.
Samaritans volunteers hear concerns include mental health and illness (46%), family (34%) and loneliness (28%) .
Volunteers will be at the stations from 7am to 9am and 5pm to 7pm handing out teabags, talking to passengers about the importance of reaching out and providing listening tips.
Ross Gill, Branch Director said: “We’re really looking forward to being at Maidstone East and Sittingbourne stations to talk to passengers and are so thankful to the rail industry for their support.
"As we enter another winter in these difficult times, we are encouraging people to look out for their family, friends and work colleagues and be that listening ear that they might just need." Go to Samaritans.org/BrewMonday
- A249 SMASH: Woman airlifted to hospital after crash - full details
- M20 SHUTS: Drivers face disruption - traffic spilling into A20
- RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch is back - see how you can take part
- HEALTH REPORT: 'Inadequate' Albion Place Medical Centre in special measures
- Graffiti artists find their work blitzed by high-pressure sprayers in clean-up
- STOLEN: £3,000 electric bicycle pinched outside Maidstone bank
- M20 COLLISION: Dog survives M-way hit with vehicle - details
- M20 DEATH: Man found dead near motorway, say police