Samaritans help out with January blues with Brew Monday
Friday 14th January 2022
MAIDSTONE & Weald Samaritans will be at Maidstone East and Sittingbourne stations for a cup of tea and a catch up with someone they care about for "Brew Monday" on January 17.
Samaritans volunteers hear concerns include mental health and illness (46%), family (34%) and loneliness (28%) .
Volunteers will be at the stations from 7am to 9am and 5pm to 7pm handing out teabags, talking to passengers about the importance of reaching out and providing listening tips.
Ross Gill, Branch Director said: “We’re really looking forward to being at Maidstone East and Sittingbourne stations to talk to passengers and are so thankful to the rail industry for their support.
"As we enter another winter in these difficult times, we are encouraging people to look out for their family, friends and work colleagues and be that listening ear that they might just need." Go to Samaritans.org/BrewMonday
- SOUTH EAST WATER: Anger over noisy night work in village near Maidstone
- SOUTHERN WATER: Sewage company 'blames householders' for sewage discharges
- HEATHER HOUSE: Bowls club can no longer play due to community centre closure
- NEW: Knotweed data shows 'map' of infestations in Maidstone
- LATEST: 'Anti-terrorism' gates installed in Maidstone
- COURT: Maidstone man Mark Bond killed deer and caused harm to his dog
- 999 CRASH: Main road blocked in Maidstone - delays
- CUSTODY: Three arrested after stolen car police chase near Maidstone