Sculpture on show
Monday 16th June 2014
Visually-impaired artist Victoria Claire is holding an exhibition of her sculptures, Through the Eyes of Time, at Sessions House, Maidstone.
Victoria, who has the degenerative eye condition retinitis pigmentosa, has been sculpting for more than 20 years but her artistic life has not always been easy. She had to leave university as she wasn’t coping with her visual challenges, but began to sculpt again with much support from her parents and Kent Association for the Blind.
She said: “I am thankful for every day that I can still create my sculptures and I will continue as long as I can. My pieces are very tactile. I often have to rely on my sense of touch to gauge depth or shape.”
The exhibition will be open from 9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday, from June 27 to July 25.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone